First awarded at ESPA 2013 in memory and honour of Anette Johansen-Quale at the conference hosted by Sunnass Rehabilitation Hospital, Nesoddtangen, Oslo, Norway. The Anette Johansen-Quale Scholarship provides sponsorship to anyone under the age of 30 working in the field of spinal cord injury to attend and provide an oral presentation at an ESPA Conference.
Sponsorship is 500 GBP towards ESPA conference registration, travel and accommodation
- 2022 – Marion Gounelle (Propara Neurological Center, Montpellier, France) – Validity and reliability of the French Self-Efficacy Scale (MSES-Fr)2019
- 2019 - Samuel White (NSIC, Stoke Mandeville Hospital and Oxford Institute of Clinical Psychology Training and Research) – Implementing universal psychological screening and review for young people with spinal injuries and their carers in a dedicated paediatric SCI rehabilitation service
- 2017 - Carla Susagna (Institut Guttmann, Spain) - Detection of suicidal ideation and self harm after spinal cord injury
- 2015 - Neus Rodriguez (Institut Guttmann, Spain) - Predictive factors of neuropathic pain treatment following spinal cord injury
- 2013 - Jeanette Lindberg (The University of Gothenbury, Sweden) - Patient Participation in Rehabilitation Questionnaire (PPRQ)