2. Acceptable Use
2.1 You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the site and our services available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
2.2 As a user of this Site, you agree not to:
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to a compile database or directory without written permission from us
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users to send unsolicited email or creating user accounts under false pretenses
- Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords
- Make improper use of our support services, or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person, or use the username of another user
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks and services connected to the Site
- Use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person
- Use the Site or our content as part of any effort to compete with us or to create a revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site
- Attempt to access any portions of the Site that you are restricted from accessing
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees, agents, or other users
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any of the content
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site, or any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism
- Use, launch, or engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, robots, scrapers, offline readers, or similar data gathering and extraction tools
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations
- Threaten users with negative feedback or offering services solely to give positive feedback to users
- Misrepresent experience, skills, or information about a User
- Advertise products or services not intended by us
- ESPA reserves the right of full editorial control of all e-learning sessions, courses, materials and resources and may make changes to the content at any time. Although we make reasonable effort to ensure accuracy of the content, we cannot guarantee that the content is error-free.
- Acknowledged authors of materials on the ESPA website may use their original content in line with the initial agreement. All other requests for premission of the content, images or use of our intellectual property not currently authorised by these terms and conditions should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where you submit any response or posting to a forum, blog, wiki, feedback form, or contribute any other form of user-generated content, you grant us a non-revocable world-wide, royalty-free, transferable licence for the use of your content, which we may create derivatives of, distribute, and display in any media. We may edit or remove your submission at any time. User-generated content and responses are allowed strictly on the basis that the content is accurate to the best of your knowledge and is not illegal, obscene, racist, abusive, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringeing any intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties, or objectionable, and does not contain software viruses, chain letters, mass mailing, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, or any form of 'spam' mailing. You may not use a false name or email address or impersonate any person, team or organisation in any part of the website, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of your content. You undertake to indemnify ESPA fo breach of these warranties. Feedback comments you submit may be visible to other users of the site, including guest users. Please be aware that personally identifiable information you submit may be publicly viewable.
- The ESPA website may contain links to other websites and documents. Links are provided for your convenience, and inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement or approval of the linked website, its operator or its content, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked website (with the exception of the ESPA website).
- If you have any complaints or feedback and wish to contact us, please use the feedback options on the website, or email email@example.com.
- Users should be aware that clinical and health professionals frequently hold differing opinions and that changes in psychological guidance, research, and best practice do occur regularly. It is the user's own responsibility to make their own professional judgement and to independently verify the accuracy and currency of content and materials on all websites. Please note that a description or reference to a product or publication does not imply any endorsement of that product, measure or publication.
- Although we may from time to time monitor or review discussions, forums, blogs, wikis, chats, feedback, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like, we are under no obligation to do so and assume no resposibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor any error, omission, infringement, defamation, obscenity, or inaccuracy contained in any information within the ESPA website or any ESPA associated oneline learning.
- Falsely imply a relationship with us or another company with whom you do not have a relationship
3. Content you provide to us
3.1 There may be opportunities for you to post content to the Site or send feedback to us (User Content). You understand and agree that your User Content may be viewed by other users on the Site, and that they may be able to see who has posted that User Content.
3.2 You further agree that we can use your User Content for any other purposes whatsoever in perpetuity without payment to you, and combine your User Content with other content for use within the Site and otherwise. We do not have to attribute your User Content to you.
3.3 In posting User Content, including reviews or making contact with other users of the Site you shall comply with our Acceptable Use Policy __________.
3.4 You warrant that any User Content does comply with our Acceptable Use Policy, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of this warranty.
3.5 We have the right to remove any User Content you put on the Site if, in our opinion, such User Content does not comply with the Acceptable Use Policy.
3.6 We are not responsible and accept no liability for any User Content including any such content that contains incorrect information or is defamatory or loss of User Content. We accept no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any User Content but we reserve the right to remove, screen and/or edit any User Content without notice and at any time. User Content has not been verified or approved by us and the views expressed by other users on the Site do not represent our views or values.
3.7 If you wish to complain about User Content uploaded by other users please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the take down or report button.
4. Our content
4.1 Unless otherwise indicated, the Site and Services including source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on the Site (Our Content) are owned or licensed to us, and are protected by copyright and trade mark laws.
4.2 Except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, no part of the Site, Services or Our Content may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written permission.
4.3 Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited licence to access and use the Site and Our Content and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use.
4.4 You shall not (a) try to gain unauthorised access to the Site or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the Site; and/or (b) make for any purpose including error correction, any modifications, adaptions, additions or enhancements to the Site or Our Content, including the modification of the paper or digital copies you may have downloaded.
4.5 We shall (a) prepare the Site and Our Content with reasonable skill and care; and (b) use industry standard virus detection software to try to block the uploading of content to the Site that contains viruses.
4.6 The content on the Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from taking, any action on the basis of the content on the Site.
4.7 Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that Our Content on the Site is accurate, complete or up to date.
5. Link to third party content
5.1 The Site may contain links to websites or applications operated by third parties. We do not have any influence or control over any such third party websites or applications or the third party operator. We are not responsible for and do not endorse any third party websites or applications or their availability or content.
5.2 We accept no responsibility for adverts contained within the Site. If you agree to purchase goods and/or services from any third party who advertises in the Site, you do so at your own risk. The advertiser, and not us, is responsible for such goods and/or services and if you have any questions or complaints in relation to them, you should contact the advertiser.
6. Site Management
6.1 We reserve the right at our sole discretion, to (1) monitor the Site for breaches of these Terms and Conditions; (2) take appropriate legal action against anyone in breach of applicable laws or these Terms and Conditions; (3) refuse, restrict access to or availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any of your Contributions; (4) remove from the Site or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way a burden to our systems; and (5) otherwise manage the Site in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Site and Services.
6.2 We do not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
6.3 You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform to access the Site and you should use your own virus protection software.
7. Modifications to and availability of the Site
7.1 We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the Site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the Services without notice at any time.
7.2 We cannot guarantee the Site and Services will be available at all times. We may experience hardware, software, or other problems or need to perform maintenance related to the Site, resulting in interruptions, delays, or errors. You agree that we have no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused by your inability to access or use the Site or Services during any downtime or discontinuance of the Site or Services. We are not obliged to maintain and support the Site or Services or to supply any corrections, updates, or releases.
7.3 There may be information on the Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to the Services, including descriptions, pricing, availability, and various other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information at any time, without prior notice.
8. Disclaimer/Limitation of Liability
8.1 The Site and Services are provided on an as-is and as-available basis. You agree that your use of the Site and/or Services will be at your sole risk except as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions. All warranties, terms, conditions and undertakings, express or implied (including by statute, custom or usage, a course of dealing, or common law) in connection with the Site and Services and your use thereof including, without limitation, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the Site’s content and are not liable for any (1) errors or omissions in content; (2) any unauthorized access to or use of our servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored on our server; (3) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the site or services; and/or (4) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the site by any third party. We will not be responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms and Conditions if such delay or failure is caused by an event beyond our reasonable control.
8.2 Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you:
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- If we fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions, we will be responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms and Conditions, but we would not be responsible for any loss or damage that were not foreseeable at the time you started using the Site/Services.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in the Disclaimer/Limitation of Liability section, our liability to you for any cause whatsoever and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to a total aggregate amount equal to the greater of (a) the sum of ££1000 or (b) the amount paid, if any, by you to us for the Services/Site during the six (6) month period prior to any cause of action arising.
If you are a business user:
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Site/Services; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation.
- You have legal rights in relation to goods that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will affect these legal rights.
9. Term and Termination
9.1 These Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Site or Services or are otherwise a user of the Site, as applicable. You may terminate your use or participation at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions for terminating user accounts in your account settings, if available, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
9.2 Without limiting any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, we reserve the right to, in our sole discretion and without notice or liability, deny access to and use of the Site and the Services (including blocking certain IP addresses), to any person for any reason including without limitation for breach of any representation, warranty or covenant contained in these Terms and Conditions or of any applicable law or regulation.
If we determine, in our sole discretion, that your use of the Site/Services is in breach of these Terms and Conditions or of any applicable law or regulation, we may terminate your use or participation in the Site and the Services or delete any content or information that you posted at any time, without warning, in our sole discretion.
9.3 If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason set out in this Section 9, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
10.1 Visiting the Site, sending us emails, and completing online forms constitute electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing.
You hereby agree to the use of electronic signatures, contracts, orders and other records and to electronic delivery of notices, policies and records of transactions initiated or completed by us or via the Site. You hereby waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances or other laws in any jurisdiction which require an original signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, or to payments or the granting of credits by other than electronic means.
10.2 These Terms and Conditions and any policies or operating rules posted by us on the Site or in respect to the Services constitute the entire agreement and understanding between you and us.
10.3 Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision.
10.4 We may assign any or all of our rights and obligations to others at any time.
10.5 We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, delay or failure to act caused by any cause beyond our reasonable control.
10.6 If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms and Conditions is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms and Conditions and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
10.7 There is no joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship created between you and us as a result of these Terms and Conditions or use of the Site or Services.
10.8 For consumers only - Please note that these Terms and Conditions, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction expect that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland. If you have any complaint or wish to raise a dispute under these Terms and Conditions or otherwise in relation to the Site please follow this link http://ec.europa.eu/odr.
10.9 For business users only - If you are a business user, these Terms and Conditions, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English Law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
10.10 A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions.
10.11 In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Services or to receive further information regarding use of the Services, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
European Spinal Psychologists Assoication
NSIC, Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, Mandeville Road
Aylesbury, HP21 8AL